Ask the Experts
Gambling Addiction Therapy
For most people, playing moderation is socially acceptable behavior. The addiction to gambling is another story. If left untreated, gambling addiction can have a negative impact on your financial situation, relationships, and other aspects of your life. If you have a gambling addiction, you may feel an uncontrollable desire to buy lottery tickets, visit the casino, play slot machines, play sports or play gambling online. The specific type and frequency of your gaming behavior may vary. But in general, you will not be able to control this behavior. You will continue to gamble even if it has negative social, financial or legal consequences. Most gambling addicts are men. However, women may also be susceptible to this type of addiction.
What are the symptoms of pathological gambling?
People suffering from addiction often try to hide their condition, but gambling addiction can be difficult to hide. You may need frequent access to casinos or gambling sites online. Even if you play at home when no one is around, your addiction can manifest itself in other areas of your life. If you are passionate about gambling, you can demonstrate some or all of the following behavior patterns:
- Obsession with all forms of gambling
- To play to feel better in life
- Don’t control your game.
- Avoid work or other gaming obligations
- Disregard accounts and expenses and the use of money for gambling.
- Sell merchandise to play with gambling
- Lie about your game habits
- Feel guilty after gambling
- Increasing risk through gambling
Your dependence on gambling may also have the following consequences:
- Breaking away from relationships or friendships
- Loss of a house, job, car or other personal property.
People, who are passionate about gambling, do not always play often. But when they start to play, they cannot stop. To help people with gambling addiction we at Resurgence Tampa Bay ensure to provide best therapies and counseling to upkeep people personal and social health.